RCCA Pharmacy Provides the Cancer Medication You Need — When You Need It
As a service to our patients, we offer the convenience of a pharmacy for certain oral medications to treat their cancer.
Medications dispensed through the RCCA pharmacy are covered by insurance and co-payments are processed in the same way as they would be at a specialty pharmacy. Medications will be mailed to you in a timely and secure manner.
Our Pharmacy Technicians will assist you in an effort to identify alternative funding resources and pharmaceutical company assistance.
Your insurance company may require the prescription be sent out to another specialty pharmacy. In this circumstance, we will notify you, and forward the prescription to the identified specialty pharmacy.
Complete pharmacy services and support
The oral drugs your RCCA physician recommends for treatment are prepared and provided by RCCA’s nationally certified oncology-pharmacy technicians. We can also coordinate the prescription being filled by the specialty pharmacy of your choice. (Non-oral and some oral medications may need to be dispensed by other specialty pharmacies.)
Our team strives to take the worry, and the runaround, out of securing your oral medications in a number of ways:
- We work closely with your RCCA physician to coordinate your medications
- RCCA contacts your insurance company to determine prior authorization requirements
- Medication will be mailed to you in a timely and secure manner at no additional cost
- We will inform you of your co-pay amount right away. If you are unable to cover the co-pay, RCCA will work on your behalf to secure co-pay and/or pharmaceutical company patient assistance
- An RCCA pharmacist will call you to review medication instructions and offer tips to help manage side effects
- Your medication renewals will be automatically refilled upon approval by your RCCA physician
Specialized expertise you can trust
When it comes to understanding chemotherapy medications, interactions, and what to expect and watch for, RCCA’s oncology-specific pharmacy technicians lead the way. We’re here to make sure you have the medication, information and help you need. Our pharmacy professionals are extremely dedicated, caring and professional. They are nationally recertified as oncology-pharmacy technicians every two years.
You can rest assured that your chemotherapy treatment has been planned, prepared and dispensed with skill and precision. Our oncology pharmacists and technicians are dedicated to ensuring the accuracy, safety and effectiveness of your medications.
Note: You are not obligated to have your prescriptions filled through the RCCA pharmacy and may receive your medications from a specialty pharmacy of your choice.