Information about your privacy on RCCA.com.
Consent to Data Practices
Collection of Information
We may ask you for certain types of information when you access various content or features of the website or submit content, or directly contact us, including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Search queries; and
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the website, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the sites;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the sites;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log information.
Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the website for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Operate and improve our website, products, information and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our website, products and services;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products, information and services you request;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and news about products, information and services offered by RCCA and our selected partners;
- Link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Corporate Affiliates. We may share your information with affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. We employ other companies and people to provide services to website visitors and patients, and on occasion we may need to share your information in a HIPAA-compliant manner. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our policies for Internet Privacy and the handling of patient data.
- In Connection with a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties with Your Express or Implied Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
Information About Children
If you are under thirteen years old, you cannot provide us with any information. If you do provide us any information or an email, you represent that you are thirteen years old or older and understand the risks associated with communication through the Internet and the potential loss of your data and information.
This website is not intended for or targeted to children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 13. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 13, please contact us so that we may delete the information.
We Never Sell Personal Information
We will never sell your personal information to any third party.
Patient Testimonials and Comments
We may post patient testimonials and comments on our website that may contain personal information. We obtain each patient’s individual consent via email and/or signed release prior to posting the patient’s name and testimonial.
Security of Your Personal Information
Any communications sent and provided through this website and sent by email are not encrypted and are not secure communications. Communications, messages and information that you send by email or through this website may be intercepted by others. We cannot guarantee the privacy, security or delivery of the information that you send or the absolute privacy of our use, storage and maintenance of such information.
Because the information that you may provide is not secure or encrypted, do not send any personal data such as your social security number, date of birth or any other private information.
Use of the Internet, this website and/or email is for your convenience only, and you assume the risk of hacking, interception, disclosure and unauthorized use of your information. You hereby agree to hold Regional Cancer Care Associates harmless from any and all loss, damages and costs resulting from any unauthorized disclosure, hacking and/or any other unauthorized use or loss of your personal information by outside parties.
Social Media Features
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL REGIONAL CANCER CARE ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES FOR ANY MATTER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS, YOUR DISCLOSURES TO US, THIS SITE, ANY LINKED SITE OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, ANY CHANGES TO OR INACCESSIBILITY OF THE SITE, DELAY, FAILURE, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF ANY TRANSMISSION OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, ANY TRANSACTION OR AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE, OR ANY DATA OR MATERIAL FROM A THIRD PERSON ACCESSED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED ON THE BASIS OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THAT ANY EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL FAIL OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE BE UNAVAILABLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED ON THE BASIS OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE TOTAL AGGREGATE AMOUNT OF $5.00. SOME STATES PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THUS THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL BE FOR YOU TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SITE.
Unsubscribe from Our Communications
Our email list is “opt-in,” meaning that you must choose to receive communications from us. This also means that you may unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time, which can be done simply by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails or by sending us an email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.