Oncology Medical Home (Doctors)
Working with you to beat your patient’s cancer
Oncology Medical Home (OMH) is a patient-centered model of care that prioritizes your patient’s needs through enhanced care coordination, compliance with rigorous performance standards and a unified focus on beating cancer. At RCCA, we’ve adopted the OMH model to improve every aspect of your patient’s experience, including a patient-centric focus and evidence-based treatment. And to everybody’s benefit, we consider care coordination between primary care physicians, specialists and oncologists an integral part of our approach.
Patients’ wishes are the priority, and OMH brings everyone together – doctors, patients and payers – to ensure they are met
Generally, people orient their medical treatment around a primary care physician who refers to specialists. However, when treating cancer, patients and doctors need to consider all medical concerns in the context of that cancer. In this sense, RCCA will serve as another “medical home” for your patient. To meet this standard, we provide both a compassionate, primary care environment and a rigorous system of self-improvement across all of our clinics, with your patient as our priority. Also, by only providing care that’s backed by solid evidence, we give patients the best treatments available while saving them money on medications and procedures that haven’t held up against (or been subjected to) scientific rigor.
By following the tenets of OMH, we provide evidence-based cancer care in a compassionate environment
The core values of OMH seek to optimize each aspect of your patient’s cancer care experience. Here are the key tenets of OMH:
- Patient-centric – Every decision we (you, your patient and his/her oncologist, together) make will revolve around your patient’s needs.
- Care coordination – Rapid communication and problem-solving between everybody involved in your patient’s care.
- Accessible and efficient – Care needs to be affordable, of the highest quality and available to your patient.
- Evidence-based – We only provide treatments with proven effectiveness.
- Regular assessment and continuous improvement – By evaluating our performance in each category and comparing our results to those of other OMH cancer care centers, we’re continuously innovating our methods and elevating the level of care we’re able to provide.
We seek input to further improve our care
Consistent with our never-ending process of evaluation and optimization, hearing from you and your patient is critical to providing the best possible cancer care — and it’s an indispensable part of the OMH model. We invite you to notify us if you have any comments, questions or concerns.