Richard Schuman, MD, FACP
Dr. Richard Schuman specializes in hematology and medical oncology, and is board certified in Hematology/Oncology and Internal Medicine. For more than 28 years, he has been treating patients in the Middlesex County community from his office in Edison.
Dr. Schuman received his medical degree from the Hahnemann University in Philadelphia, PA. He completed his residency in internal medicine at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. He completed his fellowship in oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital (Harvard University), and he completed his hematology fellowship at UMDNJ-Rutgers in New Brunswick, NJ.
Dr. Schuman is the Medical director of Oncology Services at John F. Kennedy Medical Center in Edison, NJ, a Clinical Associate Professor at RWJ Medical School, and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. He is also a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. He was the Medical Director for Rahway Hospice for 18 years. He was also elected as a top doctor in NJ by NJ Magazine.
- Medical Education: Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Brown University, Providence, RI
- Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital (Harvard University) Boston, MA
- Fellowship: Hematology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey ,Rutgers Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ
- University Appointments: Associate Clinical Professor Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Board Certifications: Hematology, Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Specializations: Hematology, Medical Oncology
- Memberships: American Society of Clinical Oncology, Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Hospital Appointments: John F. Kennedy Medical Center–Attending Physician, Director of Oncology, Chairman of the Cancer Committee. Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Rahway–Attending Physician, Chairman of the Division of Hematology for 15 years and Hospice Director for 18 years
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Schuman, visit https://centraljerseyrcca.com.