Jamie Koprivnikar, MD
Dr. Jamie Koprvinikar specializes in hematology and medical oncology and is board certified in both. She also holds a board certification in internal medicine.
Dr. Koprivnikar received her medical degree from the Sidney Kimmel Medical College, formerly Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, in Philadelphia, PA. She completed her internal medicine residency at MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, DC. She then completed a fellowship in hematology and oncology, also at MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center. She was chosen to serve as chief fellow during her third and final year of fellowship.
Dr. Koprivnikar spent the early part of her career on faculty at MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center where she was active in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows. She also served as the medical co-director of the Patient Blood Management Program and was active on the institutional review board and as an investigator on many clinical trials. She is a member of the American Society of Hematology.
- Medical Education: Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Fellowship: MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Board Certifications: Hematology, oncology, internal medicine
- Specializations: Hematology, medical oncology
- Research Interests: Leukemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, myeloproliferative neoplasms, aplastic anemia
- Memberships: American Society of Hematology
- Languages Spoken: English