Dr. Michael J. Nissenblatt is board certified in internal medicine and medical oncology. For more than 30 years, he has been treating patients in the central New Jersey community. His research interests are in genetics and hereditary cancers, personalized medicine, and the origin of aging and longevity.
Dr. Nissenblatt received his medical degree from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, where he was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society. He completed his residency in internal medicine and fellowship in medical oncology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
In 1978, Dr. Nissenblatt joined the faculty of UMDNJ -- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School as their first full-time oncologist. He is presently a Clinical Professor at the medical school. He is the Associate Director of Oncology and the Cancer Liaison Physician to the American College of Surgery for the Cancer Committee at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
A dedicated volunteer for the American Cancer Society for more than two decades, he has served as its President, perennially leading fundraisers, and Co-Chairman with his wife Marlene for their leading annual fundraising event known as the "Night of Wine and Roses." Dr. Nissenblatt has founded several charitable organizations, including the Challah Foundation and Partners in Healing, which assists people with cancer who are experiencing financial challenges. Fred’s Team raises funds to fight childhood leukemia, and Dr. Nissenblatt runs the NYC Marathon annually for this Memorial Sloan-Kettering-initiated charity. He is a Past President of the New Jersey Oncology Society and is currently a member of the American Medical Association, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, Medical Society of New Jersey, and Oncology Society of New Jersey. His numerous honors include being named annually as a "Top Doctor" by Inside Jersey, New Jersey Monthly, and New York magazines. He has also been regularly listed in Castle Connolly "Top Doctors" in the New York Metro Area and in U.S. News & World Report.
- Medical Education: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Board Certifications: Internal medicine, medical oncology
- Research Interests: Genetics and biology of hereditary cancers, personalized medicine, the origin of aging and longevity
- University Appointments: Clinical Professor University of Medicine an Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) -- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Honors/Awards: "Top Doctor": Inside Jersey magazine, New Jersey Monthly magazine, New York magazine, U.S. News & World Report, Castle Connolly Top Docs in the New York Metro area
- Memberships: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Cancer Committee, American Medical Association, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, Medical Society of New Jersey, Oncology Society of New Jersey
- Languages Spoken: English