Over the past 25 years, Dr. Pecora has transformed RCCA’s Hackensack division, John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center, into one of the nation’s top cancer centers, where he currently serves as Chief Innovations Officers and Vice President of Cancer Services.
Dr. Pecora is one of the world’s foremost experts in blood and marrow stem cell transplantation, cellular medicine, and immunology research. He has led award-winning research funded by the National Cancer Institute and the AHEPA Research Foundation. He is actively involved in clinical evaluation of novel noncytotoxic antineoplastic agents including cancer vaccines, replication competent viruses, and targeted therapies. He is also involved in laboratory and clinical development of engineered blood and marrow stem cell grafts for autologous and allogeneic transplantation, as well as cell therapy for regenerative medicine.
Dr. Pecora is a Professor of Medicine at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)--New Jersey Medical School. He received his medical degree from UMDNJ. He completed his residency at The New York Hospital in internal medicine and conducted his fellowship training at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in hematology/oncology.
Dr. Pecora's awards and honors include America’s Top Doctors, Who’s Who in the World, ASCO Cancer Foundation Research Award, and the Gallo Award for outstanding cancer research.
- Medical Education: University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)
- Internship: New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Residency: New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal medicine, hematology, oncology
- Specializations: Bone marrow transplant, melanoma
- Research Interests: Novel non-cytotoxic anti-neoplastic agents, engineered blood and marrow stem cell grafts, cell therapy for regenerative medicine
- University Appointments: Professor of Medicine, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School
- Honors/Awards: America’s Top Doctors, Who’s Who in the World, ASCO Cancer Foundation Research Award, Gallo Award for Outstanding Cancer Research,
- Memberships: Academy of Medicine of New Jersey, American Society of Bone Marrow Transplantation, International Society of Hematotherapy and Graft Engineering, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation/European Society for Medical Oncology
- Languages Spoken: English