Dr. Robert Alter specializes in medical oncology and hematology, and is board certified in internal medicine, medical oncology and hematology. For more than 15 years, Dr. Alter has been treating patients in the New Jersey community. Dr. Alter is actively involved in genitourinary, head and neck cancer research.
Dr. Alter received his medical degree from the University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School. He completed his residency at St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York in internal medicine and conducted their fellowship training at New York University Medical Center in hematology/oncology.
Dr. Alter holds an appointment at Hackensack University Medical Center. He is also the Chairman of the Transfusion Committee at St. Clare’s Hospital, and a member of the American Cancer Society.
- Medical Education: University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School
- Residency: St. Luke\\'s/Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Fellowship: New York University Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology
- Specializations: Genitourinary, Head and Neck Cancer
- Research Interests: Genitourinary, Head and Neck Cancer
- University Appointments: Hackensack University Medical Center
- Memberships: American Cancer Society