Dr. Mira Hellmann specializes in Gynecologic Oncology. She treats all subtypes of gynecologic cancers including uterus, cervix, fallopian tube, ovaries, primary peritoneal, vaginal and vulvar cancer. The scope of her surgical expertise includes both traditional open surgery, as well as minimally invasive surgery. She has extensive expertise in complex laparoscopic surgery as well as robotic surgery.
Her research focus is in clinical research including cooperative group studies and well and industry sponsored and investigator initiated. She enjoys having the opportunity to offer patients the possibility of participating in the most cutting edge research, if they are inclined to do so.
Dr. Hellmann received her MD at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn, and is a lifelong member of AOA. She completed her residency in Long Island Jewish Medical Center, and returned to SUNY Downstate for her fellowship training. She maintained a faculty position in central New Jersey for eight years where she developed a robust practice in a short period of time. She was active in resident and student education. She also helped spear head a minimally invasive center which was a comprehensive center for minimally invasive surgeons across multiple cancer specialties. She is looking forward to establishing her practice at the John Theurer Cancer Center, and to providing the highest quality of care to her patients.
Dr. Hellmann is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as Gynecologic Oncology.
- Medical Education: SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- Internship/Residency: Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Fellowship: SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- Specialization: Gynecologic Oncology
- Board Certification: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Research Interests: surgical innovation, clinical trials in gynecologic oncology
- Membership: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Society of Gynecologic Oncology, Alpha Omega Alpha
- Languages: English, Hebrew