Dr. May Abdo-Matkiwsky specializes in breast cancer and myelodysplastic syndrome, and is board certified in internal medicine and medical oncology. For more than 5 years, she has been treating patients in the Sussex County community. Dr. Abdo-Matkiwsky is actively involved in breast cancer research.
Dr. Abdo-Matkiwsky received her medical degree from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed her residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in internal medicine and conducted her fellowship training at Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, in hematology/medical oncology.
Dr. Abdo-Matkiwsky is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and American Society of Hematology. She is serving as the co-chair of the Cancer Committee at Newton Medical Center and is on the Sussex/Warren Regional Task Force on Breast Cancer. She received the People's Choice Award for 2012.
- Medical Education: New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Fellowship: Beth Israel Medical Center, New York
- Board Certifications: Medical oncology, internal medicine
- Specializations: Breast cancer, myelodysplastic syndrome
- Research Interests: Breast cancer
- Honors/Awards: People's Choice Award for 2012
- Memberships: American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology
- Languages Spoken: English