Dr. George I. Karp is board certified in internal medicine, hematology and medical oncology. For more than 29 years, he has been treating patients in the central New Jersey community. His research interests are in clinical trials and complex hematologic problems.
Dr. Karp received his medical degree from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Chicago. He received fellowship training in hematology and oncology at the National Cancer Institute and at Harvard Medical School’s Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Beth Israel Hospital. While in Boston, he was also a Visiting Scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an Instructor at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Karp holds an appointment as Clinical Professor of Medicine at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the Institutional Review Boards at both University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) -- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. He is an affiliate member of the Cancer Institute of New Jersey, and a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and American Society of Hematology. He has been included numerous times in lists of the "Top Doctors" in hematology and oncology by Inside Jersey, New Jersey Monthly and New York magazines, U.S. News & World Report, and Castle Connolly "Top Docs" in the New York Metro Area.
- Medical Education: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Chicago
- Fellowship: Hematology and Oncology ,the National Cancer Institute, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Beth Israel Hospital at Harvard Medical School
- Board Certifications: Internal medicine, hematology, oncology
- Research Interests: Clinical trials and complex hematologic problems
- University Appointments: Clinical Professor of Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Honors/Awards: "Top Doctor": Castle Connolly Top Docs in the New York Metro Area; Inside Jersey magazine; New Jersey Monthly magazine; New York magazine; U.S. News and World Report
- Memberships: American College of Physicians, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, Executive Committee of the Institutional Review Boards of UMDNJ -- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Languages Spoken: English