Dr. Priego earned his medical degree at The Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Mexico and completed his residency in internal medicine at Providence Hospital in Washington, D.C. He completed his hematology and oncology fellowships at Howard University Hospital, Georgetown University Medical Center and the Lombardi Cancer Research Center at Georgetown University.
Dr. Priego is Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at Georgetown University and Principal Investigator of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group at Suburban Hospital (affiliated with Johns Hopkins Medicine). Since 2005 Washingtonian Magazine has consistently rated him among the region's top oncologists and hematologists.
Dr. Priego is a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Hematology. He is fluent in Spanish and in 2010 served as President of the Pan American Medical Society of the Washington Metropolitan Area, an organization that organizes volunteer missions to Central America to serve the medical needs of poor women, children and families.
- Medical Education: The Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Mexico
- Residency: Providence Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Fellowship: Howard University Hospital, Georgetown University Medical Center, the Lombardi Cancer Research Center at Georgetown University
- Board Certifications: Hematology, medical oncology
- Specializations: Hematology, medical oncology
- Research Interests: Hematology and medical oncology
- Memberships: American College of Physicians, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, Pan American Medical Society of the Washington Metropolitan Area
- Languages Spoken: English, Spanish