Dr. Carl Henningson specializes in medical oncology and hematology, and is board certified in internal medicine, medical oncology and hematology. For more than 10 years, he has been treating patients in the Jersey Shore community. Dr. Henningson is actively involved in the education of doctors, nurses and pharmacists in the East and Midwest on new treatments for lung, colon, prostate, and other cancers.
Dr. Henningson received his medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine. He completed his residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in internal medicine and conducted his fellowship training at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in hematology and medical oncology.
Dr. Henningson has staff privileges at Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Centrastate Medical Center, Bay Shore Community Hospital, and Community Medical Center. He is also a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Hematology. Dr. Henningson spoke in Albany, NY, in 2011 at the Senate Confirmation Hearing for Dr. Nirav Shah, the Commissioner of Health of NY State.
- Medical Education: Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Board Certifications: Internal medicine, medical oncology, hematology
- Specializations: Medical oncology ,hematology
- Research Interests: Oncology clinical trials
- Honors/Awards: Spoke in Albany, NY in 2011 at the Senate Confirmation Hearing for Dr. Nirav Shah, the Commissioner of Health of NY State
- Memberships: American Society of Clinical Oncology; American Society of Hematology
- Languages Spoken: English